When I received my first phone call, I was super excited. I haven’t interacted with a dog in so long and I would get to spend at least half an hour with it!
Unfortunately, my flyers weren't very useful. My customer was interested at school when we were talking about our risks. Coincidentally, my customer was Mrs. S! Turns out, she has 2 dogs that are very well behaved and love walks. Since it was my first time walking her dogs in the neighborhood she lives in, Mrs. S and my dad had to supervise me during the walk. Therefore, I didn't get paid. But I did learn from the experience and hopefully will be able to do it on my own next time!
- The dog owns the walk. They can do whatever they want, as long as they stay on the directed path.
- Clean up after the dogs’ messes. You don’t want to leave their scat behind! It’s bad for the wildlife.
- Don’t let the dogs interact with other dogs. They don’t know how well behaved the other dog can be and they may not be the most friendliest creature.
- After a week or two, if I don’t have any customers, I will change up the message that I’m promoting. For example: Kylee’s FREE Dog Walking Business.
- Make a better effort of hanging up the flyers; other locations. SPREAD THE WORD!!!